by Teri Williams
Notes from teaching on April 26 (podcast available soon)
1 Samuel 30:1 David and his men reached Ziklag on the third day. Now the Amalekites had raided the Negev and Ziklag. They had attacked Ziklag and burned it, 2 and had taken captive the women and all who were in it, both young and old. They killed none of them, but carried them off as they went on their way. 3 When David and his men came to Ziklag, they found it destroyed by fire and their wives and sons and daughters taken captive. 4 So David and his men wept aloud until they had no strength left to weep. 5 David's two wives had been captured—Ahinoam of Jezreel and Abigail, the widow of Nabal of Carmel. 6 David was greatly distressed because the men were talking of stoning him; each one was bitter in spirit because of his sons and daughters. But David found strength in the LORD his God. 7 Then David said to Abiathar the priest, the son of Ahimelech, "Bring me the ephod." Abiathar brought it to him, 8 and David inquired of the LORD, "Shall I pursue this raiding party? Will I overtake them? "Pursue them," he answered. "You will certainly overtake them and succeed in the rescue."
I. HOPE NOW. Can’t have hope for the future if we don’t have hope for right now.
A. If we’re looking for human answers, we are going to feel hopeless. DAVID ENCOURAGED HIMSELF IN THE LORD-not in himself.
1. People cannot save us. The economy cannot give us hope. If we’re looking for that to make us feel better, we’re going to fall into hopelessness.
2. We need to have our eyes opened (Elisha’s servant) and see the Hope we’ve been given. We have the only thing that IS hope inside of us.
B. Encouraging ourselves in the Lord – not in ourselves (not psyching ourselves up);
1. Not talking about quoting scripture or telling ourselves “faith lies” --- witchcraft; putting information in our heads without a spiritual work in our hearts.
2. Encouraging ourselves in the Lord is SEEING the reality of the Kingdom of God in the earth right now among us.
Luke 17:20 Once, having been asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, "The kingdom of God does not come with your careful observation, 21nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is within you."
Revelations 1:6 To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen. (an agreement)
II. 2 Similtaneous realities:
A. There’s something going on right now. We can see the attack – saying there is no attack is stupid. We’re soldiers at war.
1. Suppose Joseph had said – I don’t want to focus on what the enemies doing so I’m just going to rebuke this dream – (Instead, he discerned the dream was to warn him of a coming attack and so he took Jesus to Egypt)
B. But we certainly don’t need to stop with the ability to recognize an attack. We need to be able to see that the enemy is reacting to something going on in the Spirit.
1. This is a time of cleansing – cleaning out the pipes; ax to the root of the tree. Exposing completely and delivering.
2. The responsibility we have to renew our mind follows a spiritual work in our hearts. A spiritual work in our hearts that isn’t followed by renewing our mind makes for a very frustrated spiritual life because renewing our minds is useless without a spiritual work.
C. 2 realities at same time: One is dark and other so bright can’t imagine.
Isaiah 60:1-3 Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the LORD rises upon you. See, darkness covers the earth and thick darkness is over the peoples, but the LORD rises upon you and his glory appears over you. Nations will come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your dawn.
D. First: perhaps like me, realize we need to repent for forgetting and maybe not even believing that we can change the atmosphere of not only the room – but of the world -through the presence of God inside of us. (That’s what all this teaching on the ark of the covenant and our hearts as the Holy of Holies is about)
E. Secondly: Recognize that if all we’re seeing is the dark rising, then our seeing is limited which makes it incomplete truth.
1. The light of the glory of God is rising! We’re not going out as a poor pitiful bride running for our lives in fear.
F. I believe it’s possible to step from one realm into the next without even a glitch in the matrix --- How? By walking in the matrix (pattern; environment) of the Kingdom of God in the matrix of the world.
2. We’ve been talking about the Ark of the Covenant inside of us.
E. Jesus message after his resurrection:
Acts 1:3 After his suffering, he showed himself to these men and gave many convincing proofs that he was alive. He appeared to them over a period of forty days and spoke about the kingdom of God.
1. Can have faith if we let go of our perception of time and our expectations that come from our own understanding on what peace or power –even joy--- looks like.
2. We sometimes think it’s a world without trouble – but there’s been many people who have seemingly had outward peace and taken their lives. (Esther – for such a time as this---what kind of time was it???)
3. THERE is a truer perspective than our natural mind can see (can’t even see kingdom unless born again, Jesus said).
F. John had the Revelation of Jesus (not revelation of end of the world) while in exile –
1. Want to let go of having to be at a certain place or have things a certain way before we can SEE.
Revelations 1:9 I, John, your brother and companion in the suffering and kingdom and patient endurance that are ours in Jesus, was on the island of Patmos because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus.
III. Hope NOW
A. Come on. This is a short period of time. Get our heads up and see the reality of what we’re here for
Revelations 5:9 (living creatures and the 24 elders) And they sang a new song: "You are worthy to take the scroll and to open its seals, because you were slain, and with your blood you purchased men for God from every tribe and language and people and nation. 10You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God, and they will reign on the earth."
A. We’ve been taught this as “future” but Jesus went to the Father so we could be where He was---not after death. Jesus was still living on earth when he said this and was already THERE.
IV. Why books and movies about the supernatural move us:
A. Why do stories about people growing up as peasants and feeling like they didn’t belong only to find out they are really a prince or princess or realize they aren’t a natural being but have supernatural power move us?
1. We know deep inside there’s something more – there’s a greatness we were born for. I’m not talking about psyching up some self-centered spirit
B. Religious spirit is set against you to narrow you – God wants you to see the greatness of your calling to WALK IN THE SPIRIT IN HIM.
1. Jesus – was asking for His Father to glorify Him so He could glorify the Father.
2. If my kids act insecure, feel fearful, self-focused, and concerned about everything they’re doing wrong, you would think – what kind of parents did they have?
C. It is a religious spirit that keeps us self-focused – We war against that ---Religious spirit pressures us to believe we have a weak pitiful existence.
1. Jesus walked – manifesting the glory of God. He did it so we could know that WE CAN.
D. Who are you? We are called to be the deliverers of the earth.
E. Jesus has become the deliverer of mankind. We are ambassadors; to be his presence of deliverance in the earth.
1. We are called to redeem the earth from the twisted state it’s in, to redeem the kingdoms of this world to become the kingdoms of our Christ.
2. Not through political means – (that’s a manifestation of a spiritual atmosphere) but through changing human hearts.
F. SEE AND FEEL THE HOPE TO WHICH YOU’VE BEEN CALLED.
Ephesians 1:18 I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints
Romans 15:4 For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.
1 Corinthians 13:13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
G. What does Revelations say? The Spirit and the Bride are crying out – for Jesus to Come.
1. But Creation is crying out for the sons and daughters of God to come forth as we are supposed to be – out of religious poverty existence.
Romans 8:19 The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons and daughters of God to be revealed. 22 2We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time.
H. Religion presses you down in false humility.
1. You and 10 people like you could bring about economic change to our county – or to our state.
V. We are born to bring about an understanding of who God really is that keeps the world separate from Him and the church afraid of him. (paraphrased—Steve Thompson)
A. A Religious spirit makes us feel separate from God; we may spend all our time getting close to God.
1. HE’S IN YOU. HOW MUCH CLOSER CAN YOU GET
2. The problem isn’t that He isn’t here – it’s that we need to open our eyes and see – perceive – Him.
B. God has always wanted to come to us. When mankind fell: Where are YOU? He came to them. They didn’t understand He was looking for them.
C. Who are we? We are the deliverers of the earth.
1. Mankind fell from the place of dwelling in Heavens with God while walking on the earth.
2. Coming restoration- always been his plan.
E. Where are we? Think we’re in a theatre? At same time – seated with Christ in Heavenly places.
1. Why are you knocking on the door when you’re INSIDE THE ROOM. We are in heaven right now with God.
2. If the heavens feel like brass it’s because we’re believing a lie. Right now, Jesus is in you, and you are in Him.
3. Not just when die and go to heaven; He’s in You. You’re in heaven cause that’s where Jesus is.
4. When you feel separated down here and can’t get God’s help, renew your mind. Renew---means to change it --- like a computer. New process. New input. Learning new patterns to react from.
John 15:4 Remain in me, and I will remain in you.
***G. Enemy – has us focused on this natural world. We are involved in a supernatural relationship with a supernatural God. God speaks to us things we can’t know naturally and we use it to do things we couldn’t naturally do.
1. How many times have you had a person comes to mind and feel compelled to pray. That’s supernatural sight and hearing
2. Through divine revelation –we don’t need more counselors---We need THE COUNSELOR – Holy Spirit—to unravel the bondage of centuries worth – that unravels years of generational stuff… WE’RE CALLED TO DO THIS ALL THE TIME.
4. This is supernatural change coming into the natural world. We’re called to affect the world.
5. Enemies plan is to keep us ignorant of the spirit realm we are in.
6. When we lay hands on people and they are healed, sometimes it comes fast and sometimes it comes in slow doses like medicine --- its still power coming out of the spirit realm.
7. Mankind was not created to die but to live in the heavenly realms while “keeping” –means watchman--- the earth.
I. We’re living in a process of recovering having a supernatural reality.
1. there are spiritual Rooms where corporate Spiritual experiences happen—just like Pentecost; Identical dreams. Corporate meetings where 20 or 30 have experience at same time.
3. Intercession - 10 or 12 go into natural place and have supernatural influence and change comes etc.
J. The degree in which we’re struggling to do this is the degree to which the enemy (relgious spirit) has convinced us we are separated from the Lord.
***1. We think we’ve got to go through a whole process of change before we can walk in the spirit. The process of change happens AS WE WALK IN THE SPIRIT not in order for us to walk in the spirit.
A. Intercession is not working through our insecurities… Intercession is the interlocking of heaven and earth in a place of agreement with the Lord. Seeing – Hearing – every sense is sharpened and we stop telling God and start seeing what He’s doing
B. Elijah – bowed down like a woman in childbirth. It wasn’t personal. It was spiritual. I’ve never been in a place like that where I felt I needed someone to minister to me!!!
C. Sometimes feel frustration in natural because spirit in us is yearning to pull into spiritual connection (senses) it’s something that feels uncomfortable in the natural
1. When I feel this frustration, I will ask others I’m connected with what they’re seeing and hearing, etc. Often, others have the “part” we need (we all see in part, etc/ need one another).
D. BIRTHING things in the Spirit. (intercession often happens in worship – no one “sees” it perhaps but we know by the spirit -)
1. When this happens – it’s bringing something spiritual into the natural realm – I always want to get on my face.
2. Funny – I never realized until someone said something – like they were worried I was upset—that I was taking deep breaths and blowing - I thought of Lamaze (classes to prepare an expectant couple for childbirth) when they said this but it never occurred to me at the time.
3. It’s not something you plan for and set up a time for it to happen…Personally, it’s not glamorous. Like being in childbirth. -don’t need someone to touch you or minister to you.
4. I feel myself go into a different place. (time travel; translations and transportations…)
5. I may cry out but – I’m not begging God to do something --- I’m overwhelmed with the pressure of His purposes coming forth - ---- and I’m pushing with them – agreeing with what he’s doing in the Spirit.
-Like pressing down when your body naturally starts moving the baby into the birth canal.
-People misunderstand – get uncomfortable…religious mindset wants to fix it through natural means.
6. WE want to be in the same room --- in the same purpose --- for the Balkans – for our Body---for one another;
-Don’t even have to know what it is in the natural or what it looks like. BUT WE DO ALL NEED TO ALL SEE IN THE SPIRIT!
Describe intercession for Balkan trip the other night: -Micah – means mother in Serbian; Erin began singing– I won’t despise the mother’s spirit or the cry of her heart for her children; Balkans – the motherlands. She will give birth again. (prophesy from Robert)
E. That means ---if the church in Belgrade and other bodies that we’re connected to in that area are called to give birth in the Spirit, our body will feel those birth pains – NOT OUT OF INSECURITY or self-focus – but a movement in our spirit to agree with the Lord in intercession so that HIS PURPOSES will be birthed – come to pass –
1 Kings 18:41 And Elijah said to Ahab, "Go, eat and drink, for there is the sound of a heavy rain." 42 So Ahab went off to eat and drink, but Elijah climbed to the top of Carmel, bent down to the ground and put his face between his knees. 43 "Go and look toward the sea," he told his servant. And he went up and looked. "There is nothing there," he said. Seven times Elijah said, "Go back." 44 The seventh time the servant reported, "A cloud as small as a man's hand is rising from the sea." So Elijah said, "Go and tell Ahab, 'Hitch up your chariot and go down before the rain stops you.' "45 Meanwhile, the sky grew black with clouds, the wind rose, a heavy rain came on and Ahab rode off to Jezreel. 46 The power of the LORD came upon Elijah and, tucking his cloak into his belt, he ran ahead of Ahab all the way to Jezreel.
E. Elijah’s servant – open his eyes to see in the spirit.
1. Some births are quick--- others take more time; some spiritual births take years. Bob Jones – says about intercession (paraphrase)–until you’ve interceded for something for many years without letting go, you don’t really understand intercession
2. When something makes us uncomfortable, we want to fix it. But intercession isn’t about self. It’s not personal. A woman in childbirth doesn’t need you to focus on her; she needs to deliver the baby and she’s the only one who can do it.
F. I don’t know how but the Holy Spirit can show you when it’s about someone’s struggle with themselves rather than a spiritual work of intercession. (for attention, etc. - draws people to themselves for ministry) And sometimes it’s a demonic manifestation but that’s for leadership to discern
1. If try to duplicate something someone else did in intercession or even what Elisha or Elijah did ---that’s WITCHCRAFT (a formula). It’s not a method or 3 point plan on how to prayer effectively. There are principles of God’s character we can learn but God won’t be manipulated – it’s not like casting a spell- this is His power – He’s God. Not us.
2. At the present, much of the church is more hungry for information than experience although Teaching ministry is not for the purpose of being givers of information, principles, statistics, and concepts. It’s about opening the door so you can go in and have an experience of your own with the Lord.
2 Kings 6:8 Now the king of Aram was at war with Israel. After conferring with his officers, he said, "I will set up my camp in such and such a place." 9 The man of God sent word to the king of Israel: "Beware of passing that place, because the Arameans are going down there." 10 So the king of Israel checked on the place indicated by the man of God. Time and again Elisha warned the king, so that he was on his guard in such places. 11 This enraged the king of Aram. He summoned his officers and demanded of them, "Will you not tell me which of us is on the side of the king of Israel?" 12 "None of us, my lord the king," said one of his officers, "but Elisha, the prophet who is in Israel, tells the king of Israel the very words you speak in your bedroom." 13 "Go, find out where he is," the king ordered, "so I can send men and capture him." The report came back: "He is in Dothan." 14 Then he sent horses and chariots and a strong force there. They went by night and surrounded the city.15 When the servant of the man of God got up and went out early the next morning, an army with horses and chariots had surrounded the city. "Oh, my lord, what shall we do?" the servant asked. 16 "Don't be afraid," the prophet answered. "Those who are with us are more than those who are with them." 17 And Elisha prayed, "O LORD, open his eyes so he may see." Then the LORD opened the servant's eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.18 As the enemy came down toward him, Elisha prayed to the LORD, "Strike these people with blindness." So he struck them with blindness, as Elisha had asked.19 Elisha told them, "This is not the road and this is not the city. Follow me, and I will lead you to the man you are looking for." And he led them to Samaria.20 After they entered the city, Elisha said, "LORD, open the eyes of these men so they can see." Then the LORD opened their eyes and they looked, and there they were, inside Samaria. 21 When the king of Israel saw them, he asked Elisha, "Shall I kill them, my father? Shall I kill them?"22 "Do not kill them," he answered. "Would you kill men you have captured with your own sword or bow? Set food and water before them so that they may eat and drink and then go back to their master." 23 So he prepared a great feast for them, and after they had finished eating and drinking, he sent them away, and they returned to their master. So the bands from Aram stopped raiding Israel's territory.
G. To the degree that we’re still trying to get closer to God or get Him to come closer to us is the degree that we will not experience that reality and the supernatural realm we exist in by the Spirit of God.
Rev. 12:1-5 A great and wondrous sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head. 2She was pregnant and cried out in pain as she was about to give birth. 3Then another sign appeared in heaven: an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on his heads. 4His tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth. The dragon stood in front of the woman who was about to give birth, so that he might devour her child the moment it was born. 5She gave birth to a son, a male child, who will rule all the nations with an iron scepter. And her child was snatched up to God and to his throne.
H. Not about last 7 years of church age.
1. Revelation is not a revelation of eschatology (theology concerned with the final events in the history of the world or of humankind events that will soon happen) IT IS THE REVELATION OF JESUS CHRIST.
2. Church been so focused on revelation of itself (whats going to happen to ME)– and it’s about Jesus.
3. It’s a revelation of what he’s done and who He is.
I. Pattern of the enemy – whenever there’s a deliverer, the enemy (the dragon), will appear and try to devour it as soon as its born.
***1. (Steve Thompson) You can only take out a “deliverer” in its infancy. Once it comes of age, there’s no stopping it. (that’s why the enemy isn’t as threatened by people coming to church every week as he is of people BEING the church).
2. When moses was going to be deliverer, enemy put it in heart of pharaoh to kill all Hebrew boy children. Moses was born in place where Dragon was waiting. Enemy doesn’t know the deliverer – but senses the generation from which it’s coming.
-Moses was hidden and when came of age, brought forth deliverance.
3. Jesus – satan put in heart of Herod to kill all Hebrew children 2 years and under. (herod thought he was protecting his throne) Joseph gets dream.
VII. We are collectively called to deliver the Kingdom to Jesus.
A. Religious spirit keeps us twisted in knots – to see ourselves as without power unable to do anything.
B. The future is shining ---- filled with the Kingdom of God. That’s our “hope of glory”
Colossians 1:27 To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
C. Enemy trying to destroy body - to keep you tied in knots about yourself instead of seeing who is inside of you because HE LOVES YOU.
Rev. 12:7-9 And there was war in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. 8But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. 9The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him. Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say: "Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Christ. For the accuser of our brothers, who accuses them before our God day and night, has been hurled down.
1. BREAK THE ACCUSER OFF OF YOUR LIFE. The kingdom of God is in you.
2. the enemy will say - you’ve made every mistake possible; you’re separated from God; you’ve passed your time: constantly criticized by enemy. EVEN WHEN GOD is speaking to us, we hear it in a twisted way.
3. We hear, if you’d do a little better, you could do great things. Accuser manipulates and twist and causes us to even hear God’s heart in perverted condemning way.
4. Being cast down means that SALVATION AND STRENGTH have come to us and that we walk of deliverers in this Kingdom.
Rev. 12:11-12 They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death.12Therefore rejoice, you heavens and you who dwell in them! But woe to the earth and the sea, because the devil has gone down to you! He is filled with fury, because he knows that his time is short."
VIII. Practicing RESTORATION
A. In days ahead, we’re going to inherit cities and nations. Practice restoration with theatre, restaurant and art gallery, for cities and nations.
B. We want to learn how to get beyond being stressed – being mothers fathers, business owners now. Redeeming families and businesses – because He’s redeeming and delivering the earth – the kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our God…
1. -Self-focus, self-evaluation, fear are all fruit of being natural minded; not from God.
C. NOW we can have hope as the future continues to get brighter.
Teri Williams, 4/29/2009
|A look at the strength and weaknesses of Gideon
|Walking In The Spirit|
|What does it mean to walk in the spirit? To pray without ceasing? To offer your body as a living sacrifice so that everything becomes worship? It's not as difficult as you think.
|Grace and Mercy|
|Grace is a New Testament concept, but it shows up in God's heart throughout the Old Testament. This is a look at grace and mercy throughout the Old Testament and what grace means in our lives.
|How To Walk In Freedom|
|Freedom is not cheep. You have to fight for it. It comes from being in relationship with the Lord and the Truth that comes from that. Here is how to walk it out...
|Praise and Gratitude|
|What effect does gratitude have on your life? We'll look at Jehoshaphat and the Valley of Berecah to find out.
|The Glory of the Lord|
|The Glory of the Lord is in US and it is like the Ark of the Covenant walking through the streets of our cities.
|The Ark of the New Covenant|
|A comparison between the Ark of the Covenant in the Old Testament and our place in the Kingdom as the carriers of God's presence on the Earth