A Supernatural Prophetic Life: Warrior, Priest, and King
by Teri Williams
Notes from the teaching on Sunday, July 5, 2009
Some of the Teachings at River over the last 7 months have been on:
Hearing God; the Kingdom of God Within Us; Carrying the Presence of God and the power of the Holy Spirit inside our bodies; The Glory of God; Worship prepares the Way; the Nightsong of the Watchman; Hope; Living from the Spiritual realms of Heaven in the Earth; Renewing the Mind; Perseverance, Thanksgivings, etc.
If you go back and listen to the teachings that have come out of our body since the first of January, you will see a picture of what the Lord has been saying to us as a body. If you feel called to be a part of this body, as leadership, we want to encourage you that if you have had to miss a Sunday meeting, please get a copy of the worship and the word from our podcast.
A HEALTHY CHURCH
One time a week, we come together. Commitment is necessary for spiritual health. If you are called to be a part of this body, then being a part is simply put---being here. Of course, vacations, visiting out of town family, and mission trips are all important. But we need with truthful with ourselves. Sometimes we imagine ourselves as a part of a body that we aren’t committed to attend. Someone who comes at random will not get the balance of what is being said and done in worship and the word. Staying connected begins with consistently being here.
If you are feeling disconnected, determine if you’re consistently coming enough for the Lord to do what only can happen in the Spirit as we come together. Relationship is hard work but it begins by being together in worship and the word. Our presence makes a difference. Everything about relationship takes commitment. Being here is giving our hearts to what God is doing here and taking responsibility for building healthy relationships.
At different times and seasons of life, those relationships may change. Some relationships will become close and some just won’t. Some friendships will occur over longer periods of time and each will be unique. But unhealthy relationships can be destructive. If you’re connected with someone in the body who has a divisive or rebellious spirit, break it now or it will ultimately pull you into its influence. The Lord will connect you with others if you are willing to let go of what it might look like and/or the timing.
There are things that can only happen in the Spirit. We want to get behind what the Lord’s doing here. Enter into Worship focused on pleasing Him. Hear the corporate Word. Take the responsibility to build healthy relationships. See our homes and wherever we work as our God-given realms of influence for the work of the ministry in the fields of harvest. This is our calling: to love the Lord with all our heart, mind, soul, and body, and to love one another. We are evangelists, prophets, pastors, teachers, and apostles. In the end, we have to realize that the sense of worth we long for can only come from our relationship with the Lord and no title or act of service, no program or person can take His place.
After I started teaching Literature at the youth home, Eric Love shared told me that the Youth Home can only provide a place and the opportunity for change of heart but it cannot change the boys. Change is based on their response to that opportunity. The same is true for the local church. Leadership often has taken false responsibility for changing people or for insuring people feel a part by providing things that God hasn’t called them to do.
Three things God has put in place for our health (maturing) and protection from isolation and deception:
1. Maintaining a consistent relationship with HIM above everything and everyone else in our lives.
2. Maintaining relationships with one another. This will always result if the first is kept. Relationships are not the same with everyone but relationship with the Lord will always knit us together with others on many different levels and depths in his timing.
People cannot give us what only God can be but if we are truly in relationship with Him, the fruit WILL BE relationship with others. Healthy relationships will be a protection for us through walking together toward redemption, restoration, and maturity. Relationships that cause division from the Lord, from leadership, and others in the body work through enabling excuses for bitterness, rebellion, and self-centeredness.
3. Being a part of the local church family the Lord has called us to. This is a vital aspect of growing, accountability, and being a part of the bigger picture of what God is doing in our community and in the earth.
A SUPERNATURAL PROPHETIC LIFE: THE WARRIOR, PRIEST, AND KING
Worship, Warfare, and Intercession
1st mention of worship in the Word
Genesis 22:5 He said to his servants, "Stay here with the donkey while I and the boy go over there. We will worship and then we will come back to you."
Worship – willingness to part with everything other than God; putting the highest value on Him: Worship—Worth. Worship releases a higher revelation because we see differently from the perspective of His Spirit.
I would have hated to be Abraham’s wife, Sarah. (Paganism: Abraham came from Iraq with his father: Abraham went with his father Terah from Ur to Haran (Genesis 11:31) Child sacrifice was paganistic. But he didn’t get off track trying to figure out whether he was falling into paganism again. He heard God’s voice. We HAVE to know God’s voice for ourselves!
Abraham – his movement is marked by Altars – places of Worship.
Worship / Prophetic. Abraham’s revelation of the coming sacrifice that God would provide.
Genesis 22:13 Abraham looked up and there in a thicket he saw a ram caught by its horns. He went over and took the ram and sacrificed it as a burnt offering instead of his son. 14 So Abraham called that place The LORD Will Provide. And to this day it is said, "On the mountain of the LORD it will be provided.
C. Abraham saw the future through his act of worship and walked in a revelation that was yet to be manifest in the present time
II. Synchronization with Heaven: David’s tabernacle / the tent of our Bodies
Through worship, God releases the movement of Heaven in the Earth through His people.
Accessing the future: Like Abraham, David had a revelation of the age to come through worship.
Psalms 50:13 Do I eat the flesh of bulls or drink the blood of goats? 14 Sacrifice thank offerings to God, fulfill your vows to the Most High, 15 and call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me."
David was a military man. His purpose was to kill the enemy and take territory.
1. The greatest merger of Worship and Warfare was manifest in David’s tabernacle.
2. David saw more than a tent. He saw two realities colliding – The government of God (God’s ways of ruling a nation) and the Power of God
C. David’s Desire/ what he really wanted more than anything else – was to be with God: a child singing love songs to God. He tasted—had Communion with God—through worship.
1. One thing have I desired…this was his own revelation through His experience with God.
2. It wasn’t a positive confession. It’s where he lived. In his loneliness, he created a desire for God above all else.
3. David’s worship created a prophetic dialogue
D. He had a revelation of a tabernacle with the ark of God inside His heart rather than through a priest who would visit God in a box
1. Worship on Mount Zion in a Tent
2. Not sacrifices of animals but sacrifice of PRAISE
Psalms 100:4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.
3. An open portal was created. This is where he got his information for warfare.
E. David walked in the revelation of Jesus 2,000 years before Jesus was crucified. This is accessing the future through the prophetic. In this tent, 24/7 new song of praise and worship (during a time when he should have been stoned for adultery and murder, he walked in forgiveness, redemption, and a restoration that WAS TO COME)
1. New song; song of our experiences and the revelation (hearing and seeing Ephes 1:18-21) What we gain from seeing God in everyday life– one of the 7 Hebrew words for “praise” that means God’s inhabits
F. David merged Heaven and earth: synchronizing with earth. He had natural dominion on the earth and spiritual experiences in the heavens
G. He became a new kind of priest (after order of Melchizadek) THE KING PRIEST. – Worshiper (priesthood—accessing God for Himself and for the people) and King (administering God’s purposes –doing the warfare) ROYAL PRIESTHOOD. A WARRIOR KING AND PRIEST. This is who we are.
1 Peter 2:9 But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.
H. He had the authority to open up gateways of Heaven and authority to occupy gateways on earth. THIS IS WHAT IT MEANS BY THE “KEYS OF DAVID”
III. Restoring the tabernacle of David
Amos 9:11 "In that day I will restore David's fallen tent. I will repair its broken places, restore its ruins, and build it as it used to be, 12 so that they may possess the remnant of Edom and all the nations that bear my name, “declares the LORD, who will do these things.
Acts 15:13When they finished, James spoke up: "Brothers, listen to me. 14Simon[a] has described to us how God at first showed his concern by taking from the Gentiles a people for himself. 15The words of the prophets are in agreement with this, as it is written: 16" 'After this I will return and rebuild David's fallen tent. Its ruins I will rebuild, and I will restore it, 17that the remnant of men may seek the Lord, and all the Gentiles who bear my name, says the Lord, who does these things' 18that have been known for ages.
A. James is trying to explain to the other apostles why Peter is experiencing the outpouring of the Holy Spirit on the Gentiles… they didn’t know and thought Peter was in error. Worship releases things that we may LATER get the revelation for.
B. Worship like David: Jesus is quoting from Deut. And says that the greatest “commandment” is loving the Lord. Love is worship – worship is Love
Mark 12:30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.
C. The Levites had 2 responsibilities:
1. To carry the Ark of the Covenant
2. To minister to the Lord (not people) They would be shocked that the church today is so centered around stirring people up and worrying about whether they like the songs or not
3. Worship – is where the Lord changes us. Meditating on the Word and studying the word is how we mature – how we are disciples – disciplined life is necessary. But worship is Love and love is the point.
D. Prophetic songs of David – a PROCESS; FULL range of emotions. It’s MESSY
1. It’s about our experiencing God through our daily experiences in life
E. When Israel returned to worship, they always had 2 things happen:
1-spiritual awakening and
F. Davidic worship precedes – comes before – Peace in the nations.
Isaiah 9:7 Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever. The zeal of the LORD Almighty will accomplish this.
G. MANY THINGS WE TRY TO DO IN OUR STRENGTH TO REDEEM THE EARTH CAN ONLY HAPPEN THROUGH WORSHIP
MICAH 4:1 In the last days the mountain of the Lord’s temple will be established as chief among the mountains; it will be raised above the hills, and peoples will stream to it.
2 Many nations will come and say, "Come, let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob. He will teach us his ways, so that we may walk in his paths." The law will go out from Zion, the word of the LORD from Jerusalem
Through worship—coming up the mountain of the Lord---NATIONS WILL COME; THIS thing isn’t just about some church having a revival. IT’S BIGGER THAN WE CAN IMAGINE. It’s about the nations---the Kingdoms of this world becoming the Kingdoms of our God.
H. Jesus made a whip and drove people out of the temple and then said:
Mark 11:15 On reaching Jerusalem, Jesus entered the temple area and began driving out those who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves, 16and would not allow anyone to carry merchandise through the temple courts. 17And as he taught them, he said, "Is it not written: " 'My house will be called a house of prayer for all nations'? But you have made it 'a den of robbers.'"
1. FOR ALL NATIONS: The bigger picture of the purpose for the tabernacle was for the Jew to be a light to the nations; illuminate pathway.
2. David’s tent was actually a picture of our bodies: we are the tent of the Holy Spirit and GOD WANTS TO TABERNACLE with mankind. Through us, all nations will come to the Light of His glory.
3. God wanted His presence on the earth. He wanted it to be a light to the nations so that the nations would be drawn in.
I. Prayer – is communion with God. It’s where–worship and warfare and intercession become one; THIS IS PRAYER. You don’t read prayers like we pray in church in the Bible. Lot of our beliefs about prayer (even the “sinner’s prayer) is CULTURAL.
1. We give the Lord worth above all else and we listen – this is Worship. This is Prayer
J. Worship begins as a transaction of desire – add to it sound. The music isn’t worship. The desire is what anoints the music.
1. God will administrate through us authority and dominion of his kingdom on earth
IV. Hebrews 6:5 TASTED POWERS OF WORLD TO COME
Hebrews 5:6 you are a priest forever after the order of Melchizedek.
A. Going into the future – Time travel – Jesus went into the future and died and resurrected --- From the foundations of the World He was slain.
1. God can shift time. We time travel to the cross--His death and resurrection--- and experience it for ourselves.
2. The Prophetic is seeing what and how and when from his perspective in the Heavens. He is not bound to how things ARE in the present and He calls things into being.
We’re not telling people they can walk on water or fly or time travel whenever they want.
We’re not teaching people how to control power with their minds. Regardless of how powerful the mind is, supernatural ability without the Spirit of God is empowerment by DEMONS
IF you are consistently here for the word, there is no way you can mistakenly think what we are teaching is mind control which is being under the power of a demon (some call that “soul power”; I personally believe that any supernatural experience is demonic influence)
We’re encouraging one another to see Jesus – See what He’s doing – If he’s walking on water, ask if you can if you want. If you’re praying and realize you’re out of your body like John or Peter experienced, then trust the Holy Spirit with the experience. If you hear peoples thoughts by the Spirit like Jesus did, then ask the Lord to show you the reason, etc. If you’re translated from one place to another like Phillip, so be it.
C. If someone were not in relationship with the Lord, and/or a local body, and not in relationship with leadership yet said they’re having visions or have a prophetic word and would like to share it, we would not receive it. It doesn’t matter if they’re healing the sick and doing miracles.
1. We can’t keep people from getting into error even if it breaks our hearts to see it happen. We can speak truth – but it’s false responsibility to believe we can keep people from hearing things wrong or making assumptions that aren’t true about our worship or teaching. (Sometimes people misinterpret what is being said because they don’t want to hear your heart; they just want to be heard).
D. This place, this body, is a special place in the midst of some serious religious strongholds that hold people static in their relationship with the Lord. Many believe they are born again simply because they live in the south or go to church every Sunday and sit through a program called “church.”
The Lord said of his body that many are called but few are chosen. I think that the problem is HEARING-
People hear the "call" but unless they maintain a DISCIPLINED relationship with Jesus and the people they're called to in a local body, they can't HEAR that they're "chosen” and they always feel they’re not a part
Hebrews 6:1Therefore let us leave the elementary teachings about Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in God, 2instruction about baptisms, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment. 3And God permitting, we will do so. It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, 5who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age, 6if they fall away, to be brought back to repentance, because to their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace.
E. Tasted. (Have to experience with senses) Powers – supernatural realms from World to come
David’s tabernacle is being restored. Acts – leaders come together and say, “God is restoring the Tabernacle of David so the fullness of the Gentiles can come in.
That tent was the place for worship and warfare and administration of a royal priesthood who took territory – dialoging with the Prophetic God, going into the high places with God through Worship.
When this happens, we will see different. Where we work: we will see it the way it can be and is called to be by the Lord.
Davidic worship allows us to see the age to come– the Future. The TESTIMONY OF JESUS IS THE SPIRIT OF PROPHECY
Every time we taste God in quantum realm, we are tasting the age to come, breaking through into the present.
Jesus manifested the Kingdom of God on earth – when people saw Him, they saw the future. They saw the Will of God on earth as it is in Heaven.
We may see pictures or images in worship and begin to experience longings and desires that are a taste of the future – this is the way the kingdom operates.
The key of David is so aligning ourselves with the purposes, the assignment of God, and presence of God that we can access the future and walk in it in the present – This is the way the kingdom operates.
It’s a prophetic gift – ability to taste powers of age to come. Perhaps that’s why Paul said to desire and go after it above all the other gifts
If you’ve tasted the powers of the age to come, YOU HAVE TIME TRAVELED.
The moment you’re born again, your spirit traveled by faith to a moment 2,000 years into the past, and you were there.
Every time the kingdom is manifest, we are aligning with the power of age to come and bringing it into the present.
In the tabernacle of David, we have access to an open heaven to envision the future God wants to do and to bring it into the present with authority to reveal His wisdom and to administer His ways.
We’re time travelers.
V. A church afraid and suspicious of the supernatural?
How can we keep from getting in error when we talk about supernatural abilities and powers? There’s so much fear in the church that if we seek the supernatural things of God, we will become deceived and fall into witchcraft.
1. That’s certainly possible because we’re not called to seek what God does. We’re called to Seek Him. BUT its ridiculous to be afraid of error and see everything supernatural as belonging to the devil or as something we should not want to experience because of the possibility of doing it wrong
If we love Him and walk in a disciplined life of a relationship with the Lord WE WILL WALK IN THE SPIRIT – Seek first the Kingdom. The Kingdom of Heaven is known by walking and living and functioning in the Spirit realm – in the earth.
Tongues. Hearing and seeing by the Spirit changed for me when I began to pray in the Spirit as a discipline. This is merely my personal experience. I also saw a difference in my own value and hunger for spiritual experiences with God and trust in the Lord to be able to show me what was Him and what was not.
If we walk under His authority, we will be entrusted WITH authority. (power in the Spirit)
1. Not something independent of the Lord of others or the Body. It’s following Him. Doing what he does (John 5:19 Jesus did what saw Father doing). You’re going to have to see by the Spirit to see what it is the Father is doing.
2. What the spirit does is not contained by our knowledge and understanding. He will blow our minds.There are many religions today that operate in the supernatural but are operating through the power of demons.
The enemy will always try to duplicate what God does. It’s a Satanic promise for power without relationship. (The garden…) But true relationship with God through the Holy Spirit is manifest with signs and wonders. (Acts 1-3)
C. Elijah – called down fire; told the rain to stop; told a widow she wouldn’t run out of food if she fed him first, laid on her dead son and raised him from the dead.
1. THESE ARE A DIRECT RESULT OF BEING IN RELATONSHIP WITH GOD – BUT HE WASN’T INDEPENDENT OF THE LORD. He still didn’t know what was going on when Jezebel cursed him after he’d had all the prophets of Baal killed.
2. He fled to the wilderness (didn’t understand timing and the way it would look)
3. David – Ziklag –He still had to ask the Lord (regardless of how prophetic he was) whether he was to go after the army that had taken everything, etc.
D. People will always get into error regardless of what we do – until the end of this age and the beginning of the age to come when everything is obvious. The Kingdoms of this world will become the Kingdoms of our God. And when that happens, a lot of theology is going to get messed with.
E. Worship and Warfare are intertwined but not by struggling with demons
1. The warfare we experience in worship is considering EVERYTHING of less value compared to focusing on Him.
The battle is making everything 2nd to Him. That’s what releases presence of God in the music.
Not always something big like your 1st born son (sacrifice of time and way it would look). Most of the time it’s the willingness to sacrifice attention --- Self-centeredness destroys more relationships than anything else from God to marriage to friendships, etc.
VI. Key of David – Openings in the Heavens
A. GOD WANTS TO CREATE PORTALS IN PLACES of WORSHIP---It’s NORMAL for us to EXPERIENCE LIFE IN THE SPIRIT AND THE SUPERNATURAL
B. -It’s not a power that’s about us. It’s about authority in Heaven – which comes through being under authority and in consistent relationship with the Lord.
1. Some even see the book of revelations (where John went into the 3rd Heaven and couldn’t tell if he was in or out of His body) is focused on us – the church –It’s the REVELATION OF JESUS
Isaiah 22:22 I will place on his shoulder the key to the house of David; what he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open.
Rev. 3:7 7"To the angel of the church in Philadelphia write: These are the words of him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David. What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open
C. He does it through people who have learned to value God (worship) and give Him worth above everything else.
They hold NOTHING back. Higher value on pleasing God than anything else.
D. It’s about coming together in places God has assigned us and worshiping together; having spiritual experiences with God. They should be normal.
E. We’ve had our face put in the future by God – to see and know His purposes. If keep going, what we’re called to will converge with the timing of God.
1. If we continue to focus on our identity and our worth, we will remain blind to what the Lord is doing.
F. Know why we have so much revelation without a lot of manifestation? Because there’s a process – the INTEGRATION. (Worship)
VII. We conceive the purposes of God in Worship
A. Whatever you commune with impregnates you. The prophetic purpose that we see in the power of the age to come will be conceived in worship
1. This is also true of evil.
B. Process. The journey is where God integrates the revelation into our experience – and it gets into an emotional level. The Word became flesh. He gave us a heart of Flesh and it’s messy because its real life.
C. One verse David is saying, I can leap over a wall; and the next– my God why have you forsaken me – He’s sharing the process of journey with God so God can weave into Him
D. In worship, we’re out there seeing by the Spirit and God is visiting us with where He wants us to go. We are going through the veil between the present and the future. – The future that’s seeking to be manifest in the present
1. The future is His heart (prophetic) of what he wants to do in the present. We’re seated with Him in heavenly places – we get to see it and reveal it in the world. They can’t see it unless they see someone in the present living from the age to come.
NATIONS will come to the light of His glory – His “worth”
E. The Big picture of God’s purposes goes beyond being able to heal someone–It’s about the Kingdoms – the Nations –
1. If we’re in relationship with the Lord, one another, and in a local body, what we do OUT will be validated by what we do IN: we want to be entrusted with eliminating or stopping a famine (Elijah prophesied no rain / and then rain again)
F. What we worship going up the mountain, owns our heart at the top. (Worshipping self – is rooted in Satan because He’s the one who tried to exalt Himself about the Lord)
Luke 1:17And he will go on before the Lord, in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the fathers to their children and the disobedient to the wisdom of the righteous—to make ready a people prepared for the Lord."
SPIRIT OF ELIJAH –returning in the last days. Spirit of Elijah is someone who refused to bow his knee to any other gods.
Experience visions and visitations with God through communion in the Spirit and begin to taste the powers of the age to come.
Teri Williams, 7/7/2009 1
|The Glory of the Lord|
|The Glory of the Lord is in US and it is like the Ark of the Covenant walking through the streets of our cities.