Looking Into The New Year, Part 1
by Teri R. Williams
I. Word for Jan. 10, 2010:
repent where we need to (carelessness; distractions, etc.)
- These commitments are not a drudgery but out of love for the Lord and for those He loves. (They are not someone else’s commitment or what others think our commitment should look like – that’s a religious spirit)
B. From the last week of 2009, intense warfare through 1st of 2010, Tormenting spirit / fear / intense way.
- Realized feeling of sense of loss of the dream that’s deep inside that you’ve managed to hold on to for so long
- enemy saying – You mind as well let it go. It’s over. Let it go.
- But he’s not here for the seed of a promise – he’s here to steal what you already have – the baby that has already been birthed.
- Vision: saw familiar spirit, looked like an old little man (Yoda) with a black cloak. Came in – knew I saw him. He went to the back of my house and came back out with a baby wrapped in a blanket. I realized – he would take whatever I would allow him to take.
- Nature of serpent to be crafty – to see how much you will let him get away with.
- Erin, Candace, Ruth and I – heard to stand at 4 corners – represented openings. These openings were access points the enemy had found.
- Dreams: Snakes. (even people who aren’t walking with the Lord – open to the spirit realm having dreams – fear);
- This will be a time when our fears will be faced
C. SEE WORSHIP BLOG ENRY for more on Fear
D. When fear is faced, it is like taking a vaccine - We can develop immunity to sickness being released in the natural and the spiritual but it has to be DEVELOPED in our spirits (swine flu – enemy used it to bring new level of fear)
III. 2010 word the Lord gave me on January 10th, 2010
2009 - gifts and fruits – learning about the Holy Spirit inside of us – Kingdom of God within us (9-# of Holy Spirit)
2010 – 10 represents government and a completed cycle.
B. 10 commandments / symbolic of the government that Jesus would bring
The government will be upon his shoulders and his name will be called Emanuel – God WITH us – that’s the kingdom of God within us).
- 10 times in Gen. 1: “God said” which signifies the preceding word. This is a year when we MUST practice hearing the Lord’s voice.
- 10 represents – the tithe – which speaks of a prophetic act that says we are trusting the Lord – not ourselves. (Lev. 27:32 – tithe means one tenth which represents the whole of what mankind gives as an act of obedience)
- 10 parables in Matthew. I believe this speaks of a time of release for our story – as a parable for the world to see Jesus. We overcome by the blood of the lamb and the word of our testimony—our story---what WE HAVE EXPERIENCED – NOT JUST HEARD ABOUT (knowledge)
- 10 speaks of a completed cycle
- Matt. 25:1 – 10 virgins; year to pass the test of waiting- what we do in the waiting will determine whether the door will be open or shut to let us in;
- and it’s signifies the end of a time of bondage for those who let go of fear – (death to the dreams and promises we’ve been is ultimate fear)
Revelations 2:10 Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you the crown of life.
H - This is the 10th day for many who have been imprisoned by the enemy; as we’ve learned faithfulness – trust in the Lord regardless if it cost our lifes – to the death – we will believe in the Lord’s heart for us – His Love – And passing this test will promote us out of bondage and into a place of authority that the lord has called us – from the beginning – to walk in in order to set others free.
I. 10 speaks of the test of what we will say about the Lord when he sends us into a place that the enemy has been in control of:
IV. Time to develop immunities to things that have infected us with sickness (bitterness), and weakness (immaturity) and ultimately, death – (for those who don’t discern rightly the communion of the Lord’s body – and I’m not talking about the ritual – which is important but only represents the practice).
1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.
- Perfect love casts out fear. As we embrace it, as we trust it, it literally throws down the spirit of fear in our lives: it overcomes a demonic oppression.
- Result is Peace. (Phil 4:6-7) God’s peace grows out of this experience in our hearts – His heart for relationship with us.
Phil 4:6-7 Don’t worry about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition through thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
- I saw that the four entrances to the enemy were shut by opening the gates of thanksgiving. (but the lord showed me must more to this – Word for today)
D. The Test is to Develop Immunity
1. To develop immunity: you need to have had the initial infection so that you have memory cells, lymphocytes, that have not been entirely destroyed and so act as memory cells, recognizing the pathogen(s) that try to re-enter your body, and therefore primed for a quick response. This is often called ACTIVE IMMUNITY.
2. The Lord doesn’t make us sick but sickness is in this world because it’s under the authority of the dark kingdom (Ephes. 6) He turns all things to work for our good by giving us the strength from Him to walk through the wilderness (place where we learn to depend on Him for everything – even water), so we have the authority to live in the Promised place – the truth he’s spoken.
E. 1st test in wilderness had to do with sickness and disease at the waters of Mara. When called out of Egypt, they were also called into – the Promise land.
Ex. 15:25 Then Moses cried out to the LORD, and the LORD showed him a piece of wood. He threw it into the water, and the water became sweet. There the LORD made a decree and a law for them, and there he tested them. 26 He said, "If you listen carefully to the voice of the LORD your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the LORD, who heals you."
F. There he tested them. All tests are for promotion – to go to the next level. All battles in some way begin inside our hearts over what we believe. But we need to grow in relationship with the Lord so that the battles can move beyond belief and into works of the spirit.
G. The Way we go through the desert will determine our authority when we get to the Promised Place. The way we see the Words He’s spoken to us, the promises He’s given us, will determine how long and how hard that trip to the promised land becomes.
H. Between place where we receive the promises and enter the promise land, usually the exact opposite. (wilderness)
I. God is not cruel. He’s not planning out ways to hurt us. But he takes those things that the enemy meant for evil – remember: we are here to manifest the works of Jesus and Jesus came to destroy the works of the evil one – the garden was put in a place where there was already an enemy – the devil – The Lords turns those attacks against us into weapons in our hands with which to destroy the very things the enemy
- Spiritual authority is released thru overcoming the enemy. The place of wounding, is a place of authority. But it has to be turned into sweetness through the cross – through what Jesus has done for our redemption and restoration with the Father
K. Every place we’ve been wounded, we can receive authority from the Lord to heal others.
L. Paul – didn’t point to all the churches he oversaw but to his afflictions as the basis for his authority.
Romans 8:14…because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.
M. -If you will hear the voice of the Lord: throughout the old testament, even though had all those commandments, they were required to know His voice.
A. It is one of the primary gates of hell through which sickness gets in our lives. It’s unforgiveness – fermented; Wounds that become infected
- We’re called to be watchmen – who shut access points where things come in (1st ourselves) We are GATEKEEPERS IN THE HOUSE OF THE LORD. David-I’d rather be a gatekeeper in the house of the Lord than live in the tents of the wicked. It’s one or the other, David saw it. Gatekeepers have spiritual authority in the heavens while tents of wickedness may have authority on earth.
Psalms 84:10 …I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked
C. Shut the doors to bitterness in our hearts
D. Places of hurt: no Christian has not been hurt by the church at some point – or –hurt by some other Christian.
E. We have to be healed and delivered from bitterness to walk in the Spirit realm.
We want to walk in so much life, that germs die around us. (John D. Lake– germs under a microscope / when touched his hand, they died; he grew up with sickness and death always in his home -1870 to 1935- when wife got sick, he began to look for someone who experienced healing ministry. Ministry in South Africa…)
G. A time is coming –the promise is there – that people will walk in this life so full of life of the Spirit that when they pass by the sick, they’ll be healed because of the life coming out of them. People won’t know it – and people who got healed won’t know who healed them.
I. We’ve been frustrated because we can’t copy others ministries to make it happen. We can’t just determine it in ourselves. And we’ve have expectations and definitions of how things will look that has had to die so that our commitment will become – to the death – we will not let go of the truth about the Lord’s heart whether we see it or not – it is truth.
VI. – 2010 is the year when many will pass tests we’ve gone through over and over again
- Big attempt for the enemy to bluff his way into stealing that thing or that promise or that dream that the Spirit has already birthed in us but that we thought was lost because it didn’t happen in the time we thought it would or the way we imagined.
MORE ABOUT THIS ON WORSHIP BLOG:
B. It’s a year to Break some records in the past; We thought we were losing ground in the last 10 days of this year when in fact – We are going to break through. While the enemy has been saying – you’re going to have a break down, it’s been out of his own fear of the break through that he can sense coming.
VII. Reevaluating our commitments:
Time for substituting the ritual for the reality to end and for the ritual to represent something real inside of.
A. Many have lost respect for the ritual of the marriage ceremony because of how few people walk out the commitment they make. Instead of growing up together as selfishness and self-centerness is exposed, they break their covenant vow.
B. Commitment is more than a ritual. Like a marriage ceremony – the ceremony is not the marriage but it is a place of commitment to live married. Just fulfilling the ceremony and not living like we’re married won’t work.
C. One of the greatest places of deception the body has been held captive by has been in – substituting rituals for the reality they represent.
VIII. Why has the church had such a Tendency to avoid difficulty? Many cycles will be broken and end this year – because we are in a place where the time of avoiding difficulty is over. Our children will inherit stories of faith rather than fear.
- Let’s reevaluate our commitment as parents. Children are for weapons –like arrows in the hands of a warrior. Don’t be afraid to send them into a place of warfare. Train them in “the way they should go” – their particular bent – and stop snatching them out of the hardships that will strengthen them and cause them to grow up.
D. The Lord SENDS US into the place we’re in. Thats what apostolic means
E. Make roots. Do well. Multiply.
F. fear of end times – people were afraid to have children while the muslims understood that it’s the way you take a land.
1. -To bear fruit, you’ve got to sink your roots down deep.
3. We want to have communion – not just take it.
G. Someone once said that the ultimate act of commitment to a place is demonstrated when we want to be buried there.